To earn your Outdoor Hospitality Management (OHM) Certificate, individuals must demonstrate knowledge in the key areas listed below.
The Management Assessment will help you identify where you have knowledge gaps related to the required knowledge. For areas where additional knowledge is required, we encourage you to take a course on the topic or identify a learning method that works best for you. Courses will be available online beginning in Spring 2018.
Once you are confident that you know the information contained in all topic areas, you may continue to the "Final Exam."
In addition to successfully completing the Management Assessment, individuals must submit the following documents: Leadership Questionnaire, Sample Service Level with Operating Standards, Staffing Assessment, Emergency Plan, either a Signed Code of Ethics or Generalist Certificate, and evidence of twelve (12) months of experience.
1. Service Levels and Operating Standards (.2 CEU)
2. Managerial Accounting (.1 CEU)
3. Guest Experience I (.2 CEU)
4. Employment Law I (.2 CEU)
5. Recreation Management (.1 CEU)
6. Risk Management I (.2 CEU)
7. Leadership (.2 CEU)
8. Marketing I (.2 CEU)
9. Operations Management I (.2 CEU)
10. Cash Management Fundamentals (.1 CEU)
11. Hiring Practices (.2 CEU)